Panel Session 1 & 2 – Partner Experience
In these sessions, wPOWER partners highlighted successes and challenges that they were facing in advancing gender inclusion in the clean energy sector.
Lists of Panelists, Session 1
- Claire Baker, Director of Development, LivelyHoods
- Ronny Nyadgure, Project Manager, Cookstoves and Business Incubation, PSK
- John Odida, Regional Sales Manager, Pamoja Life
- Godfrey Sanga, Program Lead, Energy 4 Impact
- Kristine Pearson, CEO, Lifeline Energy
List of Panelists, Session 2
- Hella Bennani, Head of Business Development, Pawame
- Binagwaho Gakunju, Kenya-EU Project Coordinator, SOLARKIOSK
- Abby Mackey, Grants & Impact Manager, Solar Sister
- Anya Cherneff, CEO, Empower Generation
- Lydia Muchiri, Snr. Gender and Energy Advisor, Practical Action (East Africa Regional Office)
- Julius Mujuni, Country Coordinator, ENVenture
- Anne Njathi, Marketing Director, Pawame
Panel Session 3: Financing Workshop
Panelists discussed barriers for both financiers and entrepreneurs that were a hindrance to accessibility of finances to support gender responsive energy access solutions. Sharing key lessons learned allowed panelists to brainstorm on solutions for direct access to capital for gender responsive businesses and to support faster delivery of sustainable solutions to energy access.
List of Panelists, session 3
- Reza Fazel, Project Leader, Open Capital Advisors
- Rahul Bansal, Investment Advisor, Climate – KIC
- Shelmith Theuri, Investment Officer, SunFunder
- State of the off-grid market & understanding capital options by Reza Fazel
By assessing capital need trends, sharing the current state of investment, and providing an insight into financial products, this presentation sought to lay foundations for off-grid financing and building an improved understanding of capital options in the sector.
- An alternative approach to human capital development by Rahul Bansal
This presentation highlighted the need to educate, inspire and empower leaders and citizens to help them turn their ideas into impact and catalyse the creation of a low-carbon society.
- Case studies: Financing last-mile solar energy enterprises by Shelmith Theuri
This presentation highlighted two case studies of companies that have successfully raised funding with two different business models.