This Collaborating for Impact workshop will be co-hosted by wPOWER and Energy 4 Impact on Tuesday, 26th June 2018 at Nyamasaria in Homabay County from 8.30 am to 4.30 pm. The event will bring together at least 50 women entrepreneurs in clean energy drawn from diverse regions in Kenya and Uganda.
The overarching objective of this peer-to-peer networking event is to provide a platform for grassroots women entrepreneurs to engage with stakeholders, through discussions of key issues affecting women entrepreneurs while addressing probable solutions to propel these enterprises to the next level.
The specific objectives include but are not limited to:
- Learn and understand, through the lens of the local women entrepreneurs, their daily business engagements and challenges faced in clean energy entrepreneurship.
- Promote women entrepreneurship by bringing together women entrepreneurs from diverse regions with a view to learn and share experiences concerning their business entities.
- Support women in business – through knowledge sharing and discussions on challenges faced and increase opportunities for accelerating their business growth.
- Present a platform for brainstorming on emerging clean energy business ideas and trends to promote business growth.
- Provide networking opportunities between women entrepreneurs and stakeholders to increase accessibility to products and financial services to strengthen the “last mile” delivery chain for energy access.
- Help develop market awareness and business practices.
- Provide technical knowledge through site visits which will serve as a source of motivation to entrepreneurs, through observation and practical activities at the production site.
- Dispute biased cultural myths that have seen women shy away from engaging in clean energy entrepreneurship by allowing the delegates to witness women engaged in production of cookstoves.